Announcement Of The week:
We are looking for 12 marketers interested to join our training program in February and learn programmatic fundamentals.
If you know someone or is this person, check out more details at www.reachandfrequency.online/masterclass
🔥 Hot Candidate:
This Week’s on the Programmatic Digest podcast:
Episode 116. Common Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring Programmatic
Tune in tomorrow on YouTube, Apple Podcast, or Spotify!
Programmatic Talent isn’t Scarce, But Your Internal Hiring Process Is
We have a serious problem in the programmatic industry: we need help finding trained and qualified programmatic. Whether you are looking for a junior-level candidate or a senior, we lack that “perfect” person to come in and swoop us away.
The source of this problem comes from the fact that there’s a serious hardship with accessing education in our field outside of the job we have, and hiring companies need to be equipped with the proper onboarding process to support this.
Let me ask you this, how did you get started in the field?
Most of us have been referred to by someone we knew, or they got lucky to get hired as entry-level with no experience and learn on the job over the years. (That last option is me! I got hired with some marketing experience and became a programmatic trader, see last week’s article for the journey)
The simple solution to this is:
- Hire junior level and train them to become the seniors and leaders we desperately need
Or, since most of us do not have the bandwidth/time/internal resources to do so:
- Partner with us to teach these juniors and hire them fresh off of our program
I came across this Forbes article by Dr. John W. Mitchell called: Hiring Challenges In 2023: Are You Prepared?
Here are my takeaways:
- The last few years have seen unprecedented challenges in the workplace and workforce, including a global pandemic, remote work and hybrid work, inflation, interest rates, and relocations.
- The skills gap remains. Employees leave their jobs due to financial concerns, and the Great Resignation is still ongoing.
- Are you willing to be flexible to attract top talent? Attitudes toward older workers are often steeped in stereotypes or falsehoods.
- One in five job candidates laments the lengthy hiring process.
- Offering hybrid work schedules and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and representation are just a few strategies to help you hire the best people.
The programmatic and paid advertising industry is not excluded from these hiring challenges. In addition to schedule flexibility and D.E.I., the need for talent with basic knowledge is still at the forefront of our hiring needs.
“It is becoming more challenging to find programmatic ninjas with enough experience in the D.S.P., including strategy and planning capabilities. We need someone with the ability to fully own an omnichannel strategy for the brand.”
This is what most hiring managers are sharing with us.
Here’s the ugly truth, and you might not like it.
No brain surgeon on this planet went from 0 to 50+ surgeries without starting with #1. They all had their first, second, third, etc., and each had a mentor/ coach/ head surgeon to assist on the way.
Of course, advertising isn’t the same as saving lives, but the concept is the same.
Every single one of these programmatic juniors will need to get a chance to go through their very first surgery. The issue is that they need to be qualified; the matter is that hiring managers or leadership don’t prioritize continuous growth and learning in their onboarding process.
The issue is that the company needs a solid onboarding process to provide enough support to the junior within 2-6 months so that they can conduct their surgeries independently.
Talent isn’t scarce, but the internal hiring process is.
Here is what you should consider:
Newly hired programmatic ninjas are expected to be self-stater and figure it out on the way. WRONG!!!!
Let me clarify that this is programmatic, it will have to be figured out or learned on the way, but the onboarding process isn’t part of the self-starter description.
Every professional in our Reach and Frequency™️ program is a self-starter, motivated to learn more, and dedicated to making shit happen. That means they already know the learning journey doesn’t have an end destination but rather milestones.
That is why we created the Reach and Frequency™️ program, where we can recruit and train professionals on how to get started in programmatic.
These aspiring programmatic ninjas invest their time and money into this program (Who on your team today went to invest in a paid program (or free for that matter in an attempt to learn a new skill that they never heard of before? )
Here is a complete example of the curriculum they learn during the program. From Fundamentals to programmatic ecosystem, to the difference between programmatic placements and targeting mix through an introduction to creating a strategy and media plan, performance optimization, to reporting hacks.
We also make sure they have hands-on D.S.P. experience in the Trade Desk.
Our goal is to save you 1-2 months of onboarding because we’ve addressed the fundamentals of the job and have spent some quality time during the training.
Our mission is to teach historically excluded people how to get started and be successful as programmatic ninjas. We provide a robust training program, a dope community, and job placement assistance.
According to Zippia, the career expert, 43% of employers prioritizing diversity see higher profits.
It is easy to be one of our trusted partners. Here are the steps:
- Contact us at [email protected] with your hiring needs and expectations, and we will send juniors candidates that could fit.
- We ask for a flat referral after the programmatic ninja is hired, unlike most recruiting agencies that can ask for up to 30% of the first year’s salary.
- We do not have crazy-ass long-term contracts
- Happy with the referral? Great! We move forward.
- Not Happy? Great; we will have other options, and you can continue your search.
- We can also provide a customized onboarding checklist to implement into yours once you hire from the Reach and Frequency™️ program to help you continue to move them effectively through their learning journey.
Don’t wait until you desperately need someone; let’s start the conversation now and see how we can assist you with your training and hiring success. Let’s chat!
Latest Slack Conversation:
- QA best practices, why they are so important
- You can join in here
Cheers to leveling up!
Your Programmatic Coach
Our mission is to teach historically excluded people how to get started in programmatic media and find a career. We do so by providing on-demand education, a dope community, and support with job placement.
That is why we founded The Reach and Frequency™ program where we focus on training programmatic traders and planners with the tools they need to succeed. This program also include hands-on experience in DSPs and weekly group coaching.
Our focus in Q1 is to find partners and hiring managers to help placed this talent pool after completing the program.
If you are a candidate or a hiring manager, feel free to give me a call 757-613-9984 or email me at [email protected]
We are always looking for a referral or simply happy to chat the latest and greatest so don’t hesitate to book a call 😬