Announcement Of The week:
The last couple of weeks have been lit with announcements. Google announced that they were pushing cookie deprecation to 2024. In the most recent episode of the Programmatic Digest podcast, I review how it all started. Why are we even talking about this? I demystify the term Cookieless Future in episode 94: The Cookieless Future.
That episode was pulled from a bonus session I offered in Module 5 of The Reach and Frequency™ where cover targeting mix (what they are, why they are important, and when to use)
Listen on all platforms and on YouTube
🦄 Programmatic Unicorns Looking for a new opportunity 🦄
- RJ is Director of AdOps with over 10 years in Ad operations on the agency side and team management – Looking for an opportunity to work for a brand or AdTech (remote!) She is the charismatic shepherd your team is in need of!
- LA is a Media Account Director with over 14 years of experience in business marketing, contract development and management. She has a contagious grit that will inspire any team she is part of.
- Two students of The Reach and Frequency™ course are nearing their apprenticeship and are currently running campaigns on the Trade Desk for my consulting client. One is U.S. based, and the other Toronto, CAN. They are perfect for any agency, brand, or vendor looking for junior traders.
🌟 Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find more details 🌟
Noteworthy News of the Week:
Both, Allisson Schiff at AdExchanger and Ronan Shields at Digiday have written about this. Apple is building a DSP.
Here are my takeaways:
- Apple is building a data-driven ad platform to serve ads on the App Store, the mobile web, and third-party properties. The company would not confirm the plans or provide additional context.
- Apple has built a vast walled garden of connected products and Apple services. It has now announced plans to add two new ad placements in the App Store, one on the Today tab and the other on product pages.
- Apple is making aggressive moves into advertising, and this move speaks to the anti-competitive nature of cookie-blocking and mobile ad ID-blocking on the open web and in-app ecosystems.
Programmatic ninjas, what should we make of this announcement?
From a buyer’s perspective, it will give us additional options for mobile targeting, especially since measurement and attribution are so limited nowadays.
Understanding the impact today will shape tomorrow’s decisions, so here are some things you consider looking into now:
- How much mobile-focused traffic are you bidding and buying? How much of it is in-app? This will help determine if you should test Apple DSP or not. This will also help you understand the impact of signal loss in your campaign.
- Take it one step further: where are we serving? Look at the inventory source, including the seller, publishers, SSPs, and the app/event. Make sure you take into account your campaign goals and your primary KPI.
- It’s time to speak up: Reach out to the partners that are not performing and demand refunds. Yes, I said it! Demand refunds for underperforming and brand-unsafe inventory! Make sure you also hold your DSP’s team accountable for working with these partners.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to remove or reduce bidding on google ad ex inventory! A large inventory does NOT result in higher conversions.
- One more time for the people in the back: a large impressions count does not prove conversion increase.
Do you need help inspiring, encouraging, and retaining talent?
I offer workshops and mini optimization boot camp focusing on SPO, Performance review, and focusing on the ladder.
Cheers to leveling up!
Your Programmatic Coach
About Helene Parker Consulting LLC, we offer programmatic media activation training and workshops. Here are some example of training topics you could offer your team!
Hiring the ideal programmatic ninja can become daunting these days and this is why we offer talent acquisition services helping amazing programmatic ninjas to find their perfect career opportunity.
If you are a candidate or a hiring manager, feel free to give me a call 757-613-9984 or email me at [email protected]
Our mission is to help 1,000 individuals with little to no experience in marketing to become programmatic media traders and planner with The Reach and Frequency™ course (share with a friend or co-worker and offer them 20% off any product with code newsletter20).
We are always looking for a referral or simply happy to chat the latest and greatest so don’t hesitate to book a call 😬